At Nine Mile Station in Atlanta, bar manager Randy Hayden’s winterized version of a Tiki drink, uses dark rum instead of white for a richer, fuller flavor, plus apricot liqueur.
This recipe originally appeared as part of “Can the Classic Drinks of Summer Be Transformed for Winter? Yes. And This Is How.”
- 1 1/2 ounces Plantation dark rum
- 1/2 ounce Fernet-Branca liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Combier apricot liqueur
- 1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- Garnish: quarter orange wheel
- Garnish: brandied cherry
Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
Strain into a Collins glass or a Tiki mug over ice.
Garnish with a quarter orange wheel and a brandied cherry.