This completely vegan cocktail by bartending pro Jane Danger takes Tiki to a dramatic level.
- 2 1/4 oz Citadelle gin
- 2 1/4 oz Krogstad Festlig aquavit
- 3/4 oz Laura's mix*
- 2 1/4 oz Fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 oz Guava juice
- 1 1/2 oz Pineapple juice
- 3/4 oz Sugar cane syrup
- 12 dashes Pepper tincture
- 12 dashes Bittermens Elemakule Tiki bitters
- 6 Orchids, for garnish
- 6 Pineapple fronds, for garnish
- 3 Cheetah (or plain) straws, for garnish
- 1 Flaming lime shell, for garnish**
Whip the gin, aquavit, Laura’s mix, juices, syrup, tincture and bitters, pour into a metal nautilus shell (or similarly shaped vessel), top with crushed ice, and garnish with 6 orchids, 6 pineapple fronds, 3 cheetah-print (or plain) straws and a flaming lime shell.
*Laura's mix: Combine 1 oz of banana liqueur, 1 oz of dry curaçao and 2 oz of cinnamon syrup.
**Flaming lime shell: Scoop out half a lime (or use what’s left after juicing), then add a splash of overproof rum and light the flame when serving.