- 1 dash Absinthe blanc
- 1 oz Black blended overproof rum (such as Hamilton 151)
- 1 1/2 oz Blended aged rum (such as Appleton Estate Reserve or The Real McCoy five-year-old)
- 1/2 oz John D. Taylor’s Velvet falernum
- 1/2 oz SC cinnamon syrup*
- 1/2 oz Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz Fresh grapefruit juice (white or pink)
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Lime twist
- Grapefruit twist
Rinse a chilled cocktail coupe with absinthe blanc.
Add remaining ingredients into a shaker with cracked or cubed ice and shake.
Double-strain into the prepared glass.
Garnish with intertwined lime and grapefruit twists.
*SC cinnamon syrup: Put 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Add 3 halved 6-inch pieces of cinnamon stick to the water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add 4 cups of granulated sugar and stir with a whisk (or an immersion blender) until dissolved for about 1 minute. The liquid should become clear such that you can see the bottom of the pot. Immediately remove from the heat. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 12 hours. Strain through cheesecloth into a bowl, and then use a funnel to pour into a lidded bottle or other sealable container. The syrup will keep, refrigerated, for several weeks. Makes 4 cups (32 oz).