Anu Apte and Chris Elford of Rob Roy in Seattle created this ultimate bubbly fall punch, best served in a pumpkin punch bowl.
- 1 750-mL bottle bourbon
- 12 ounces Ancho Reyes ancho chile liqueur
- 12 ounces lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 12 ounces honey syrup
- 1/2 ounce Angostura bitters
- 500 mL sparkling cider
- 1 large pumpkin, top sliced off and insides removed, for serving
- Garnish: thinly sliced lemon and lime wheels
- Garnish: grated nutmeg
- Garnish: ground cinnamon
Add all ingredients into a large punch bowl or hollowed-out pumpkin, add ice cubes, and stir to combine.
Top with the sparkling cider.
Float thinly sliced lime and lemon wheels on top.
To serve, ladle into punch cups and garnish each with grated nutmeg and cinnamon.