Jack McGarry of famed New York bar The Dead Rabbit shared his recipe for the bar's delicious hot Irish Coffee.
- 1 1/2 ounces Clontarf Irish whiskey
- 4 ounces brewed coffee, hot
- 3/4 ounce Demerara syrup (one part demerara sugar, one part water)
- Heavy cream, lightly whipped
- Garnish: freshly grated nutmeg
Fill an Irish Coffee glass with hot water and let stand for a few minutes to warm.
Discard the water and add the whiskey, coffee and Demerara syrup.
Stir to combine and top with a layer of heavy cream the width of your thumb.
Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.