Strut your sparkling wine stuff with the over-the-top Taylor Precedent. Crémant de Jura, the term for sparkling wines from the Jura region of eastern France, infuses this flute with a bright acidity that contrasts the warmth of applejack and spiced tiki bitters.
- 1/2 ounce Carpano Antica Formula sweet vermouth
- 1/2 ounce cinnamon syrup*
- 1 ounce Laird’s Bonded Applejack
- 1 dash Bittermens Tiki Bitters
- Crémant de Jura (or brut Champagne)
- Garnish: brandied cherry
Add all ingredients except Crémant de Jura to a shaker and fill with ice.
Shake, then strain into a Champagne flute.
Top with Crémant de Jura and garnish with a brandied cherry.
*Cinnamon Syrup: Combine 1 cup sugar and 4 ounces warm water, and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add three cinnamon sticks and let sit overnight, then strain out cinnamon sticks. Will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to two weeks.