Red pepper and chile pepper powder make this Margarita almost too hot to handle.
- 1/2 oz Simple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch Chipotle chile powder
- 1 3/4 oz Reposado tequila
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier
- 3/4 oz Fresh lime juice
- Garnish: 1 None Jalapeño or red chile pepper
Coat the rim of a rocks glass with salt, fill with ice and set aside.
In a shaker, muddle the agave nectar or simple syrup, red pepper flakes and chile powder.
Add the remaining ingredients, fill with ice and shake vigorously.
Strain through a tea strainer into the prepared glass.
Garnish with a jalapeño or red chile pepper.