This cocktail from Carlos Perez at Chicago’s Nellcote is simultaneously elegant and ready to blaze.
- 1 1/2 ounces Banhez Mezcal Artesanal
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce hibiscus simple syrup
- 1 ounce watermelon juice, freshly pressed
- 1/2 ounce lime juice freshly squeezed
- Garnish: flaming rosemary sprig
Soak a fresh rosemary sprig upside down with 100-proof alcohol for five minutes.
Add all of the ingredients to a shaker with ice, and shake until chilled.
Strain into a rocks glass.
Place the prepared sprig upright in the rocks glass, and light immediately before serving. Extinguish before drinking.