This day-drinking-ready cocktail from Carlos Perez at Chicago’s Nellcote is simultaneously elegant and ready to blaze.
- 1 1/2 oz Banhez Mezcal Artesanal
- 3/4 oz Cointreau
- 1/2 oz Hibiscus simple syrup
- 1 oz Fresh watermelon juice
- 1/2 oz Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- Garnish: Flaming rosemary sprig
Add all of the ingredients to a shaker with ice, and shake until chilled.
Strain into a rocks glass.
Soak a fresh rosemary sprig upside down with 100-proof alcohol for five minutes.
Put the sprig upright in the rocks glass, and light right before the first sip.