This beer cocktail adds a hoppy IPA to 100-proof bourbon, some citrus and the kicker: muddled fresh marjoram, resulting in a variety of summery flavors that blend together nicely.
- 2-4 leaves fresh marjoram
- 1 3/4 ounces Old Forester 100-proof bourbon
- 3/4 ounce grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 3 ounces Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA, chilled
- Garnish: grapefruit twist
In a mixing glass, dry-muddle the marjoram.
Add all of the other ingredients except the beer, plus ice, and stir until chilled.
Strain into a pint glass over fresh ice.
Top with the beer and stir briefly and gently to combine.
Garnish with a grapefruit twist.