This savory concoction is the classic accompaniment to a shot of good tequila.
Click Play to See This Sangrita Recipe Come Together
- 15 ounces tomato juice
- 6 ounces grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 ounces orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 ounces lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 ounces Tabasco
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved (with seeds)
Add all ingredients into a pitcher and stir until salt dissolves.
Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes, then remove and discard the jalapeño. (The longer the jalapeño infuses, the spicier the Sangrita will be.)
Serve as an accompaniment to a shot of tequila.
Store any remaining Sangrita in the refrigerator.