Smoky scotch is the unexpected base for this fruity and fizzy punch by PDT's Jeff Bell.
- 1 1/2 ounces Johnnie Walker Double Black scotch whisky
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce citrus oleo saccharum*
- 3 ounces Victory Prima Pils pilsner, to top
- Garnish: grapefruit half-wheel
- Garnish: La Boíte Borneo N. 26 Spice Mix
These quantities are for a single serving but can be multiplied to fill a punch bowl, if desired.
Add all the ingredients except the pilsner to a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.
Strain into a pilsner glass filled with fresh ice.
Top with the pilsner.
Garnish with a pinch of La Boîte Borneo N.26 Spice Mix and a grapefruit half-wheel.
*Citrus oleo saccharum: Using a microplane or similar tool, zest the entire surfaces of 3 grapefruits and 3 lemons into a bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar and let stand for 1 hour. Add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and stir until the sugar dissolves completely. Fine-strain and allow to cool. Store in the refrigerator.