The old-timey version of sangria features American applejack.
- 2 oz Beaujolais nouveau wine (you may substitute another red wine)
- 1 1/2 oz Laird's Straight Bottled in Bond Apple Brandy
- 1/2 oz Plymouth Sloe Gin
- 1/4 oz Grade B maple syrup (you may substitute other dark maple syrup)
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Garnish: 1 None Thin apple slices and grated cinnamon
Add all the ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice.
Stir, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with thin apple slices and grated cinnamon.