The old-timey version of sangria features American applejack.
- 2 ounces Beaujolais nouveau wine (you may substitute another red wine)
- 1 1/2 ounces Laird's straight bottled in bond apple brandy
- 1/2 ounces Plymouth sloe gin
- 1/4 ounce grade B maple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Garnish: apple slices
- Garnish: grated cinnamon
Add all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with thin apple slices and grated cinnamon.