The Mint Julep Cocktail
- In a Julep cup or rocks glass, lightly muddle the mint and syrup.
- Add the bourbon and pack tightly with crushed ice.
- Stir until the cup is frosted on the outside.
- Top with more crushed ice to form an ice dome and garnish with a few drops of bitters, if desired, and a mint sprig.
Watch Liquor.com advisory board member Dushan Zaric make a proper Mint Julep in our How to Cocktail video.
Base Spirit :
Bourbon / American Whiskey
Cocktail Type :
On the Rocks
2 parts Bacardí 8 Años rum
6 Mint leaves
2⁄5 parts Simple syrup
2 dashes Peach bitters
How to Make:
- Add the mint leaves, syrup and bitters into mixing glass, and using the end of a barspoon, gently press them together.
- Add cubed ice, add the rum, and give it a good stir.
- Fine-strain into a rocks glass over crushed ice.
- Stir again, and top with more crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
MORE RELATED RECIPES