This tasty Irish whiskey concoction from The Dead Rabbit's Jack McGarry combines whiskey, sherry and orange marmalade with a soothing ginger syrup.
- 1 1/2 ounces Knappogue Castle 12 year old single malt Irish whiskey
- 3/4 ounce oloroso sherry
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3/4 ounce ginger syrup*
- 1 tsp orange-ginger marmalade
- 3 dashes The Dead Rabbit Orinoco Bitters
- Garnish: freshly grated nutmeg
Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
*Ginger syrup: Combine 1 cup ginger juice, 1 cup granulate sugar, and 4 cups water in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before using. Will keep, refrigerated and tightly sealed, for up to 1 week.