Chicago’s RPM Steak rolled out three G&Ts for its summer menu—an “R,” a “P” and an “M,” appropriately. The M is an especially distinct take on the classic Gin & Tonic—a darker, more lush version of the usually bright and zippy drink.
This recipe originally appeared as part of Gin & Tonics Across the USA: These 9 G&Ts Will Make You a Believer.
- 1 ounce Blaum Bros. Oak Reserve gin
- 1/2 ounce Fernet-Branca liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Carpano Antica Formula vermouth
- 3/4 bottle Fever-Tree Indian tonic water
- Oil from an expressed orange peel
- Garnish: 2 dehydrated lemon wheels
- Garnish: 1 cinnamon stick
- Garnish: 4 star anise pods
Fill a Burgundy wine glass halfway with cracked ice.
Add the gin, fernet and vermouth, then top with the tonic water.
Garnish with 2 dehydrated (or fresh) lemon wheels, 1 cinnamon stick and 4 star anise.
Express the oil from an orange peel over the top.