With tea-infused vermouth and tequila, this fizzy concoction is a cocktail-party champion.
- Apple slices (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp MarketSpice cinnamon-orange black tea (or other spiced black tea)
- 12 oz Sweet vermouth
- 1 bottle 750 mL Centinela reposado tequila (or other reposado tequila), chilled
- 12 oz Fresh apple juice or cider, chilled
- 8 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz Demerara syrup (2 parts Demerara sugar, 1 part water), chilled
- 16 dashes Angostura bitters
- 16 dashes Fee Brothers Old Fashioned bitters or The Bitter Truth Old Time aromatic bitters
- 24 oz Club soda, chilled
- Garnish: Apple slices
- Garnish: Cinnamon
- Garnish: Nutmeg
At least 24 hours prior to kickoff, fill a plastic container (1-pint or 1-quart, depending on the size of your punch bowl) with water and add apple slices and cinnamon sticks if desired.
Freeze until solid.
Combine the tea and vermouth in a jar or other container and let stand for 90 minutes.
Strain, and refrigerate. On game day, combine the tea-infused vermouth and the remaining ingredients in a punch bowl, adding the soda last.
Carefully add the prepared ice block and garnish lavishly with apple slices and freshly grated cinnamon and nutmeg.