With tea-infused vermouth and tequila, this fizzy concoction by bartending vet Joaquín Simó is a cocktail-party champion.
- Apple slices (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp MarketSpice cinnamon-orange black tea (or other spiced black tea)
- 12 ounces sweet vermouth
- 1 750 mL bottle Centinela reposado tequila (or other reposado tequila), chilled
- 12 ounces apple juice or cider, chilled
- 8 ounces lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 ounces rich Demerara syrup (2 parts Demerara sugar, 1 part water), chilled
- 16 dashes Angostura bitters
- 16 dashes Fee Brothers Old Fashioned bitters or The Bitter Truth Old Time aromatic bitters
- 24 ounces club soda, chilled
- Garnish: apple slices
- Garnish: grated cinnamon
- Garnish: grated nutmeg
At least 24 hours prior to the desired consumption time, fill a plastic container (1-pint or 1-quart, depending on the size of your punch bowl) with water and add apple slices and cinnamon sticks if desired.
Freeze until solid.
Combine the tea and vermouth in a jar or other container and let stand for 90 minutes, then strain and refrigerate.
Combine the tea-infused vermouth and the remaining ingredients in a punch bowl and stir to combine, then add the soda.
Carefully add the prepared ice block and garnish lavishly with apple slices and freshly grated cinnamon and nutmeg.