This summery take on a Sidecar, bright with Meyer lemons, is sunshine in a glass.
- 2 oz Cherrywood-infused Hennessy V.S.O.P Privilège cognac
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier liqueur
- 3/4 oz Meyer lemon syrup*
- 3/4 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes Hellfire bitters (or other spicy bitters)
- Garnish: Sliced lemon wheel, Red chile threads
Add all the ingredients to a shaker filled with ice and shake.
Strain into a chilled coupe.
Top a lemon slice with red chile threads, and use it to garnish the drink.
*Meyer lemon syrup: Peel 6 Meyer lemons. Use a paring knife to get rid of any remaining white spots on the peels. Blanch them three times in boiling water, then simmer in 1/2 L water and 1/2 L sugar for 20 minutes. Cool before using.