A warmly spiced pineapple syrup adds extra dimension to an updated Sidecar.
- 1 1/2 oz Hennessy V.S.O.P Privilège cognac
- 1/4 oz Giffard Crème de Pêche de Vigne liqueur
- 3/4 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz Pineapple coriander allspice syrup*
- 3 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- Garnish: Pineapple chunk, Pineapple leaf
Add all the ingredients to a shaker with ice and shake.
Double-strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass.
Garnish with a pineapple chunk and pineapple leaf.
*Pineapple coriander allspice syrup: Toast 1⁄2 tsp coriander and 1⁄4 tsp allspice in a sauce pan until fragrant, making sure not to burn. In a saucepan, bring 46 oz pineapple juice and 16 oz white sugar to a boil until the sugar has dissolved. Add the toasted spices to the pineapple syrup.