This warming Scandinavian tipple is just what you need during chilly winter months.
- 32 oz Water
- 8 oz Brandy or spiced rum
- 1 Large orange's peel, cut into large strips
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Fresh ginger, peeled and crushed slightly with the back of a spoon
- 2 tbsp Whole cloves
- 10 Cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 sticks Cinnamon
- 1 bottle Dry red wine
- 8 oz Vodka
- 33/50 cup Dark brown sugar
- Garnish: 1 None Raisins and sliced blanched almonds
Add the water, brandy, orange peel, vanilla extract, ginger and spices a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for one minute, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
Strain out the cloves and orange peel and decant into a serving vessel, leaving behind as much of the other spices as possible.
Serve in mugs garnished with raisins and sliced blanched almonds.