We got the recipe for this modern classic from Jeff "Beachbum" Berry's Latitude 29 in New Orleans.
- 2 ounces Caña Brava 7-year-old grand reserve añeja rum
- 1/2 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 1/4 ounce Rhum Clément Mahina Coco liqueur
- 4 whole lychee nuts, shelled (drained if canned)
- 1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 dash Fee Brothers Aztec chocolate bitters
- Garnish: edible orchid
- Garnish: pineapple wedge
Blend all of the ingredients in a blender with 1.5 cups crushed ice for up to 20 seconds until frappéd.
Pour, unstrained, into a Pearl Diver glass.
Garnish with an edible orchid and a pineapple wedge.