“Turmeric adds a lovely earthy note to cocktails,” says Natasha David, the co-owner of New York City’s Nitecap. “For this drink, in particular, I was trying to find a way to tie the whiskey and the apple together, and the turmeric bitters were my bridge.”
- 1 ounce Powers Irish whiskey
- 1/2 ounce Wyoming Whiskey bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Lemorton Pommeau de Normandie Calvados
- 1/4 ounce DOM Bénédictine
- 1/2 ounce cane syrup
- 1 dash Cecil & Merl turmeric bitters
- Garnish: lemon twist
Add all the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir.
Strain into a rocks glass with 1 large ice cube.
Garnish with a lemon twist.