“Turmeric adds a lovely earthy note to cocktails,” says Natasha David, the co-owner of New York City’s Nitecap. “For this drink, in particular, I was trying to find a way to tie the whiskey and the apple together, and the turmeric bitters were my bridge.”
This recipe originally appeared as part of “Healthy Drinking? These Turmeric Cocktails Might Be the Answer You’re After.”
- 1 ounce Powers Irish whiskey
- 1/2 ounce Wyoming Whiskey bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Lemorton Pommeau de Normandie Calvados
- 1/4 ounce DOM Bénédictine
- 1/2 ounce cane syrup
- 1 dash Cecil & Merl turmeric bitters
- Garnish: lemon twist
Add all the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir.
Strain into a rocks glass with 1 large ice cube.
Garnish with a lemon twist.