This fruity and spiced concoction is perfect for holiday entertaining.
- 2 ounces Cruzan single-barrel rum
- 1 1/2 ounces grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 3/4 ounce cranberry syrup*
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Garnish: grapefruit twist
Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a grapefruit twist.
*Cranberry syrup: Add 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, 1 cup water and 3/4 cup granulated sugar into a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the cranberries start to burst, about 10 minutes. Fine-strain into a sealable container, discarding the solids, and allow to cool. Cover and store in the refrigerator.