New York City’s Saxon + Parole plays with plenty of fresh produce on its drink menu, which means that (depending on the season) guests often request “that watermelon thing” or “that pumpkin thing.” This time, head bartenders Maxime Belfand and Masa Urushido stayed one step ahead and named their heirloom-carrot-packed winter drink accordingly.
- 3/4 oz Great King St. Glasgow Blend scotch
- 3/4 oz Del Maguey Vida mezcal
- 1/4 oz Liqor 43
- 1 oz Heirloom carrot juice (purple, orange and yellow)
- 1/2 oz Agave syrup
- 3/4 oz Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Garnish: Smoked Maldon sea salt
- Garnish: Carrot chip
Prepare a rocks glass with a half-rim of smoked Maldon sea salt.
Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice, and shake until chilled.
Strain over fresh ice into the prepared glass, and garnish with a carrot chip.