For football season, we had a bartender from each NFL team's hometown provide the perfect cocktail to represent their team.
“This cocktail is an ode to the ’85 Bears and the fleeting Honey Bears cheerleaders. I have vivid memories of watching them both during that season, even at six years old,” says bartender Christiana DeLucca of Chicago’s Formento’s. “It's also an homage to Buddy Ryan's 4–6 defense. That man is a legend, and this is my tip o’ the hat to him in cocktail form. Served Toddy style, this cocktail is all about embracing the fall season. Make a large batch, grab a thermos, and you've got the perfect tailgating cocktail to impress your friends.”
- 1 1/2 oz Maker's Mark 46 bourbon
- 3/4 oz Bärenjäger liqueur
- 1/2 oz Jeppson’s Malört liqueur
- 3/4 oz Buckwheat honey (or clover honey)
- 3/4 oz Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 oz Hot-brewed Davids Tea Pumpkin Chai black tea (or any chai)
- 1 1/2 oz Heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: Freshly grated nutmeg
Add heavy whipping cream to an empty bottle, and shake until lightly whipped for about 1 minute.
Add the bourbon, liqueurs, honey, lemon juice and hot tea to a mug.
Top the drink with the whipped cream, and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.