The New Orleans classic Sazerac gets a clever upgrade with banana liqueur.
- 1 oz Old Overholt Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz Tariquet VSOP Armagnac
- 1/2 oz Giffard Banane du Brésil liqueur
- 1/2 tsp Demerara syrup*
- 1 dash The Bitter Truth Old Time Aromatic Bitters
- Garnish: 1 None Lemon twist
Pour a little absinthe into a chilled rocks glass.
Swirl to coat the inside, discard any excess and set the glass aside.
Add the remaining ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice.
Stir, and strain into the prepared glass.
Twist a swatch of lemon peel over the drink and discard.