The New Orleans classic Sazerac gets a clever upgrade with banana liqueur from top bartender Natasha David.
- Absinthe, to rinse
- 1 ounce Old Overholt rye whiskey
- 1 ounce Tariquet VSOP armagnac
- 1/2 ounce Giffard Banane du Brésil liqueur
- 1/2 tsp demerara simple syrup
- 1 dash The Bitter Truth Old Time aromatic bitters
- Garnish: lemon twist
Pour a small amount of absinthe into a chilled rocks glass. Swirl to coat the inside, discard any excess and set the glass aside.
Add all remaining ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.
Strain into the prepared rocks glass over fresh ice.
Twist a swath of lemon peel over the drink to express its oils and discard.