Technically, you only need to mix a spirit with tonic water or club soda to make a highball. But why stop there? Go above and beyond by utilizing premium tequila and bringing in refreshing ingredients like apricot liqueur, port wine and lemon juice.
This recipe originally appeared as part of “10 Classic Cocktails Ready for a Refreshing Summer Makeover.”
- 1 1/2 oz Azuñia reposado organic tequila
- 1/2 oz Taylor Fladgate dry white port
- 1/2 oz Giffard apricot liqueur
- 1/2 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz Fever-Tree Mediterranean tonic water
- Garnish: Thyme sprigs; Dehydrated lemon wheel
Combine all ingredients except the tonic water in a wine glass over fresh ice.
Top with the tonic water.
Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs and a dehydrated lemon wheel.