Jasmine Garcia developed this stunning twist on the Tequila Negroni for Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans. She wanted to pay tribute to the French Quarter with Aveze Gentian and Royal Combier, two French liqueurs. She then used piri piri to capture some of the Cajun spice of the city. The delicious cocktail also serves as a great showcase for Azuñia black 2-year extra aged, special reserve añejo tequila.
- 2 oz Azuñia black 2-year extra aged, special reserve añejo tequila
- 1/2 oz Aveze Gentian liqueur
- 1/2 oz Royal Combier liqueur
- 3 tsp Only Bitters piri piri cocktail spice
- Garnish: Orange twist, Palm leaf
Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir.
Strain into a highball glass filled with fresh ice.
Garnish with an orange twist and palm leaf.