Sure, you could settle for a standard Tequila Sunrise. But wouldn’t you rather enjoy a cocktail with orange curaçao, prickly pear syrup and yuzu juice?
This recipe originally appeared as part of “8 Cocktails to Drink on Cinco de Mayo Instead of a Margarita.”
- 1 1/2 oz Azuñia reposado tequila
- 1/2 oz Orange curaçao (such as Pierre Ferrand dry curaçao)
- 3/4 oz Yuzu juice blend (1:1 yuzu and fresh lemon juice)
- 1/2 oz Prickly pear syrup (1:1 Perfect Purée prickly pear purée and sugar)
- 1 slice Jalapeño
- Garnish: Dehydrated orange wheel
Muddle the jalapeño slice in a shaker, add the remaining ingredients and ice, and shake.
Double-strain into a rocks glass over ice.
Garnish with a dehydrated orange wheel.