Sure, the mouthwatering mix of curry and coconut is more common in Southeast Asian restaurants than cocktail bars. But the Coco Curry Colada proves that savory flavor is just as welcome in a summer cocktail.
This recipe originally appeared as part of “10 Classic Cocktails Ready for a Refreshing Summer Makeover.”
- 1 1/2 oz Madras-curry-infused Azuñia reposado organic tequila*
- 1/2 oz Stolen overproof rum
- 1 oz Coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 oz Coco Reàl cream of coconut
- 3 1/2 oz Fresh pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz Fresh lime juice
- Garnish: Mint sprig; Dehydrated lime wheel
Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake.
Strain into a chilled Old Fashioned glass over fresh ice.
Garnish with mint and a dehydrated lime wheel.
*Madras-curry-infused Azuñia reposado organic tequila: Weigh 30 g Madras curry and 300 g tequila on a scale and combine in a sealable plastic bag. Sous-vide at 130 degrees for 90 minutes. Strain and store for up to 2 weeks.