This autumnal vodka cocktail by Charlotte Voisey contains all the fall flavors.
- 1 1/2 ounces Stolichnaya Gala Applik vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces pear juice
- 3/4 ounce vanilla-nutmeg syrup*
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 5 dashes Angostura bitters
- Hard cider, to top (approximately 1 ounce)
- Garnish: apple slice
- Garnish: grated nutmeg
Add all ingredients except the cider into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
Strain into a double Old Fashioned glass over fresh ice.
Top with the cider.
Garnish with an apple slice and a sprinkle of grated nutmeg.
*Vanilla-nutmeg syrup: Combine 2 cups sugar, 2 tsp ground nutmeg, 6 vanilla beans (cut in half lengthwise) and 2 cups water in a small saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring until sugar is fully dissolved. Let syrup cool completely and strain into a closed container. Store in refrigerator.