This drink from bartender Brendan F. Casey proves that rye and tequila belong together.
- 2 ounces Michter's single barrel rye whiskey
- 1 ounce Don Julio reposado tequila
- 1/2 ounce Combier orange liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Punt e Mes
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 dashes Fee Brothers Old Fashioned bitters
- 2 dashes Regan's orange bitters No. 6
- Garnish: orange twist
Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with an orange twist.