Warm cinnamon syrup adds heat to this sweet-bitter cognac cocktail.
- 1 1/2 oz Hennessy V.S.O.P Privilège cognac
- Copper & Kings absinthe
- 3/4 oz Fresh red grapefruit juice
- 33/50 oz Cinnamon simple syrup*
- Lemon Hart 151 demarara rum, to top
- Handful of mint leaves
- Garnish: Mint sprig, Grapefruit peel
Combine the mint leaves, cinnamon simple syrup and absinthe in the bottom of a Collins glass and gently press the mint.
Add the remaining ingredients, fill the glass with crushed ice, and swizzle to combine.
Top off the cocktail with crushed ice, and garnish with a mint sprig and a wide grapefruit peel.
*Cinnamon simple syrup: Bring 2 cups water, 2 cups sugar and 6 crushed cinnamon sticks to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce the heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Strain and cool.