The folks at Datz in Tampa like to have fun with their food and drink, be it with candy in the cocktails or nods to pop culture icons. This homage to that tiny little pointy-eared bundle of wisdom, Yoda, by bar manager Morgan Zuch manages to make wayward whimsy taste pretty great.
This recipe originally appeared as part of “These 5 Star Wars Cocktail Recipes Come from a Galaxy Far, Far Away.”
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, sliced in half, plus 3 fresh jalapeño slices
- 3/4 oz Honey syrup (1 part honey, 1 part water)
- 3/4 oz Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz Matcha tea concentrate
- 1 oz Montelobos mezcal
- 1 oz Clément Mahina coco liqueur
- 4 dashes Orange flower water
- Garnish: Jalapeño peppers
In a shaker, muddle the 3 slices of the jalapeño pepper in the honey syrup, lime juice and matcha concentrate.
Add the mezcal, coco liqueur and orange flower water and shake.
Double-strain into a rocks glass over ice.
Cut a small slit in 2 jalapeño peppers and anchor them on either side of the glass to create a Yoda ear garnish.