The folks at Datz in Tampa like to have fun with their food and drink, be it with candy in the cocktails or nods to pop culture icons. This homage to that tiny little pointy-eared bundle of wisdom, Yoda, by bar manager Morgan Zuch manages to make wayward whimsy taste pretty great.
This recipe originally appeared as part of “These 5 'Star Wars' Cocktail Recipes Come from a Galaxy Far, Far Away.”
- 3 fresh jalapeño slices
- 3/4 ounce honey syrup
- 3/4 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce matcha tea concentrate
- 1 ounce Montelobos mezcal
- 1 ounce Clément Mahina coco liqueur
- 4 dashes orange flower water
- Garnish: 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, sliced in half
In a shaker, muddle the 3 slices of the jalapeño pepper in the honey syrup, lime juice and matcha concentrate.
Add the mezcal, coco liqueur, orange flower water and ice and shake until well-chilled.
Double-strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
Cut a small slit in each half of the jalapeño pepper and anchor them on either side of the glass to create a Yoda ear garnish.