No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States (except residents of Utah) who are at least twenty-one (21) years old. Employees of Harrison & Shriftman (“Administrator”), Bacardi U.S.A., Inc. (“Sponsor”), or any other alcohol beverage company, their respective distributors, wholesalers, retailers (including bartenders/staff), or licensees, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Entry Period: The Entry Period begins at 11:00am EST on December 16th, 2016 and ends at 11:00 pm EST on December 24th, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: During the Entry Period, BANKS Rum will post an image on Instagram encouraging eligible people to enter the Sweepstakes. To enter, you must: (a) visit http://www.liquor.com/give-banks-rum/ and fill out the registration form; and (b) re-gram the photo, using the hashtag #GIVEBANKS. In order for your Entry to be recognized, your Instagram profile must be public and viewable by the Sponsor and Administrator. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Posting a photo on Instagram requires a mobile device and, therefore, message and data rates may apply. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
4. Drawing: On or about December 26, 2016, Administrator will select five (5) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential winners via e-mail within five (5) business days.
5. Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within three (3) business days, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries, if time permits.
6. Prizes: Five (5) winners will each receive a $100 gift card. A winner is responsible any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
7. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Florida. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
11. Winner Information: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Harrison & Shriftman c/o Amanda Anderson, 158 West 29th Street, 6th Floor, New York NY 10001. Requests must be received by January 5th, 2017.
12. Sponsor and Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Bacardi U.S.A., Inc., 2701 Le Jeune Road, Coral Gables, FL 33134, and is administered by Harrison & Shriftman, 158 West 29th Street, New York NY 10001.