“I wanted to stay true to the classic sour while highlighting the spirit of Gentleman Jack. I chose my ingredients carefully to enhance this already beautiful expression of Tennessee whiskey,” says Meghan Wright. With unexpected and irresistible ingredients like Earl Grey-infused egg whites, blackberry oleo saccharum and orange cream citrate, it’s safe to say that Wright was successful. This innovative recipe stood out to the judges of the Gentleman Jack Whiskey Sour Classic, who chose Wright as one of seven bartenders to advance to the finals.
- 2 ounces Gentleman Jack whiskey
- 1 ounce blackberry oleo saccharum*
- 1 ounce Meyer lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Earl Grey cream-infused egg white**
- 2 dashes orange cream citrate
- 1 dash black peppercorn tincture
- Garnish: dehydrated Meyer lemon wheel
1. Add all ingredients into a shaker and dry shake (without ice) for 30 to 45 seconds.
2. Add ice and shake for another 30 seconds.
3. Fine strain into a chilled coupe glass.
4. Garnish with a dehydrated Meyer lemon wheel.
*Blackberry oleo saccharum: Add blackberries, lemon peels and granulated sugar to a bowl and let sit for 48 hours.
***Earl Grey cream-infused egg white: Brew Earl Grey tea and let cool. Once cool, submerge whole raw eggs in the tea and let them infuse for 48 hours.