Jonathan Cristaldi is a freelance journalist specializing in wine, spirits, beer, cannabis, and travel. He covers wine for Liquor.com.
- Jonathan has written for Liquor.com since 2014.
- His work has appeared in The SOMM Journal, The Tasting Panel Magazine, Food & Wine, Seven Fifty Daily, Los Angeles Magazine, First We Feast, Thrillist (National Ed.), Time Out LA, Tasting Table (National Ed.), and Psychology Today.
- Jonathan holds a BA in Dramatic Studies with a minor in Psychology from SUNY Purchase College.
Jonathan Cristaldi has written about wine and spirits for over a decade. He started out as the wine columnist for Complex Magazine’s First We Feast blog, which received the 2014 James Beard Award for "Best Food Blog." In 2011, Cristaldi was named a "Wine Prophet" by Time Out NY for his witty and avant-garde approach to wine education events in New York City. In 2012, he relocated to Los Angeles, enrolled in the WSET, and earned his Advanced degree. In 2013, he joined the Tasting Panel Magazine serving as Deputy Editor for it and sister-publication The SOMM Journal. After moving north to the San Francisco Bay Area he joined online retailer Wine Access as its Editor in Chief. After nearly three years overseeing content that generated close to $30MM in annual sales, he returned to freelancing and in 2019, formed a boutique copywriting collective, which is based in Napa Valley wine country.
Jonathan holds a BA in Dramatic Studies with a minor in Psychology from SUNY Purchase College.
- How to Not Embarrass Yourself at a Winery, Food & Wine
- Somm-Owned Restaurants: How They Did It, The SOMM Journal
- Understanding the Evolution of Cannabis Wine, Seven Fifty Daily
Liquor.com is dedicated to good drinking and great living. We inspire, entertain and educate anyone—and everyone—interested in what happens in the glass and out of it.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.