Liquor.com is the world’s leading digital content brand for mixology, spirits and cocktail culture. A job at Liquor.com is fast-paced but fun—probably exactly how you imagine it might be. See below for all currently open positions. For general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liquor.com is searching for a Full-Stack Engineer to add to our small team. You’ll do a little of everything: rapidly prototyping new features across the front and back end, building microsites for big globally-known brands, kicking around ideas with our design team, sales, and marketing, you name it!
- Strong experience with customizing WordPress and writing plugins
- Solid SQL knowledge and experience with MySQL
- GIT – command line and conflict resolution fluency
- Ability to setup, secure and administer a Web server stack: Linux, Apache & Nginx, Memcache, PHP, mySQL in various capacities (Local testing, acceptance testing VMs, production servers on AWS)
- Understanding and experience with tools and services for high availability sites: load balancers, CDNs, AWS, RDS and autoscaling
- Propel Object-relational mapping (ORM) or Equivalent
- CodeIgniter PHP framework
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Full-Stack Engineer” Thank you.
Project Coordinator – Trade Marketing & Events
Liquor.com is looking for a project coordinator to play a supporting role in trade marketing and event planning/coordination. This individual contributor will be responsible for creating systems to organize, track and manage trade programs and event execution end to end. This person will also support in the acquisition and management of vendors and will assist in coordination and execution of all additional elements needed for event inclusion. This position reports directly to the Director of Trade Marketing.
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-3+ years of project management and/or event planning experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- General understanding of digital advertising and marketing
- Familiarity with social media marketing and its relevance within events
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced operation on the events side of our business
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and end goals
- Strong interest in events and/or spirits industry
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and end goals
- Experience using project management tools (e.g. Basecamp) is a plus
- Contacts and existing relationships with vendors and venues is a plus
- Ability to develop brand marketing materials for inclusion in events is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Project Coordinator – Trade Marketing and Events” Thank you.
Social Media Assistant Internship (Paid)
Liquor.com—the world’s leading cocktails-and-spirits lifestyle publication—is looking for a highly organized, passionate and motivated social media intern who wants to develop their skills and experience in the social media space.
In this position, you will work closely alongside Liquor.com’s Audience Development, Content and Product groups to help develop, execute and analytically measure social media initiatives that drive social follower growth, social post engagement and referral traffic back to the Liquor.com website.
During your time at Liquor.com, you’ll gain valuable social media and audience growth experience, as well as build a portfolio of short original articles that you’ll be writing and publishing onto the Liquor.com website and social channels.
SKILLS & INTERESTS:
1. Cocktails, Spirits, Writing
- You are over 21, enjoy a great drink and amazing food, and would love the opportunity to research and write interesting content about those subjects on Liquor.com’s website and social media channels.
- You are a great writer who crafts and conveys messages that entertain and engage social audiences.
- You take pride in your writing and always proofread your work carefully.
2. Social Media
- You are not just another one of Facebook’s ~2,200,000,000 users—you’re a social media maven who explores and uses a number of various social media channels (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat)
- You understand what makes a post on each individual channel successful, with a particular emphasis on the quality and creativity of visual elements.
- You’re excited to help Liquor.com grow its social audiences and drive traffic back to Liquor.com’s website content from those social channels.
- You can easily name which brands you think are successful on various social media channels and why.
- You’re always up to date on social media trends, algorithm updates and creative ways people are using different platforms.
3. Metrics, Analytics, Tools
- You love stats and data—you always know exactly how many Facebook friends you have and the number of new Instagram followers you earned last week.
- On website content pages, you can’t help but take note of how many social shares the article you’re reading has amassed.
- You’re interested in using Liquor.com’s various social analytics tools to help measure the success of Liquor.com’s social posts and to identify top-performing content topics for our editors.
- You’re at least vaguely familiar with some of the more popular social media tools (e.g., Hootsuite) and pick up new things (like social media tools of varying levels of complexity) very quickly.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply via an email to email@example.com with a message containing:
- The email subject line “Social Media Assistant Internship”
- Cover letter (detailing interests/experiences in some/all of the items listed above)
- Relevant personal and professional social media account handles/links
- Any relevant writing samples
Liquor.com’s offices are conveniently located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood on Howard St. & 9th St. (just two blocks south of Twitter HQ)
Editorial Interns (Paid)
Liquor.com is looking for a part-time editorial intern. The intern who is chosen will work with the editorial staff to help readers gain a better understanding of the cocktail and spirits world, as well as:
- Research and pitch news stories and source information and images as needed
- Produce and optimize social media on Facebook and Twitter channels
- Write weekly Extended Happy Hour newsletters for New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco
- Use WordPress to create new content pages
- Assist in editing cocktail recipes
- Chance to pitch and write feature articles
- Must be age 21+ to apply.
- Must be able to work for at least three days a week, both remotely and in midtown Manhattan
- Understand how to work efficiently, quickly and carefully in a fast-paced digital media environment
- Understand how social media functions—and why it matters in today’s media landscape
- Know and care about the world of spirits, cocktails and all the ways people drink, whether in a dive bar or the poshest speakeasy
Apply here: http://liqr.co/1FrKip9