Liquor.com is the world’s leading digital content brand for mixology, spirits and cocktail culture. A job at Liquor.com is fast-paced but fun—probably exactly how you imagine it might be. See below for all currently open positions. For general inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Integrated Marketing Manager / Director
Liquor.com—the world’s leading and largest cocktails-and-spirits lifestyle publication—is looking for an Integrated Marketing Manager / Director whose primary role will be to work alongside our Brand Partnerships team to brainstorm, develop and pitch compelling digital, video, mobile and experiential programs that support Liquor.com’s advertising and marketing growth.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned marketing/advertising professional who is creative, adept in the digital/social space, current on cultural trends, well-organized, analytical and detailed oriented. Candidates should have exceptional communication, writing and presentation skills. Familiarity with the beverage alcohol industry and its nuances are a must.
This position can be based in New York or San Francisco and reports directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
Responsibilities Include (But Are Not Limited To):
- Conceptualizing and developing revenue-generating marketing programs, including large-scale multi-platform ideas, promotional partnerships and advertiser events
- Creative development of marketing collateral; including but not limited to, advertiser-facing decks and program one sheets
- Collaborating with Sales, Editorial and Production and other internal departments to achieve project objectives
- Interacting with and manage client input and feedback throughout the entire scope of process, from concept to project completion
- Managing all aspects of individual marketing programs, including timelines, budgets, etc.
- Source, hire and manage outside vendors to assist in fulfilling programs (when necessary)
- Meeting with clients as needed to present proposals and/or discuss ongoing marketing programs in development as well as added-value concepts and requirements
- Investigating and evaluating new partnership opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence multiple stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines and multitask
- Exceptional proposal writing and presentation skills with a background generating multi-platform, integrated programs
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, but also collaborate with cross functional teams
- Graphic design and presentation skills (must be proficient in Keynote, and PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage and track multiple project tasks and performance
- Strong quantitative analysis skills, including skills in interpretation of research data; familiar with research tools including comScore, and panel data highly preferred
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, handle dynamic situations
- Able to work and succeed under very tight timelines that will require you to quickly and efficiently turnaround dynamic, high-quality sales marketing materials, proposals and presentations
Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full-time employee. Preferred applicants should currently reside New York or San Francisco and be eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE BE SURE to send the email with the subject line “Director of Integrated Marketing”
Project Coordinator – Trade Marketing & Events
Liquor.com is looking for a project coordinator to play a supporting role in trade marketing and event planning/coordination. This individual contributor will be responsible for creating systems to organize, track and manage trade programs and event execution end to end. This person will also support in the acquisition and management of vendors and will assist in coordination and execution of all additional elements needed for event inclusion. This position reports directly to the Director of Trade Marketing.
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-3+ years of project management and/or event planning experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- General understanding of digital advertising and marketing
- Familiarity with social media marketing and its relevance within events
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced operation on the events side of our business
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and end goals
- Strong interest in events and/or spirits industry
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and end goals
- Experience using project management tools (e.g. Basecamp) is a plus
- Contacts and existing relationships with vendors and venues is a plus
- Ability to develop brand marketing materials for inclusion in events is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Project Coordinator – Trade Marketing and Events” Thank you.
Social Media Assistant Internship (Paid)
Liquor.com—the world’s leading cocktails-and-spirits lifestyle publication—is looking for a highly organized, passionate and motivated social media intern who wants to develop their skills and experience in the social media space.
In this position, you will work closely alongside Liquor.com’s Audience Development, Content and Product groups to help develop, execute and analytically measure social media initiatives that drive social follower growth, social post engagement and referral traffic back to the Liquor.com website.
During your time at Liquor.com, you’ll gain valuable social media and audience growth experience, as well as build a portfolio of short original articles that you’ll be writing and publishing onto the Liquor.com website and social channels.
SKILLS & INTERESTS:
1. Cocktails, Spirits, Writing
- You are over 21, enjoy a great drink and amazing food, and would love the opportunity to research and write interesting content about those subjects on Liquor.com’s website and social media channels.
You are a great writer who crafts and conveys messages that entertain and engage social audiences.
You take pride in your writing and always proofread your work carefully.
2. Social Media
- You are not just another one of Facebook’s ~166,000,000,000 users—you’re a social media maven who explores and uses a number of various social media channels (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat).
You’re excited to help Liquor.com grow its social audiences and drive traffic back to Liquor.com’s website content from those social channels.
You can easily name which brands you think are successful on various social media channels.
3. Metrics, Analytics, Tools
- You love stats and data—you always know exactly how many Facebook friends you have and the number of new Instagram followers you earned last week.
- On website content pages, you can’t help but take note of how many social shares the article you’re reading has amassed.
- You’re interested in using Liquor.com’s various social analytics tools to help measure the success of Liquor.com’s social posts and to identify top-performing content topics for our editors.
- You’re at least vaguely familiar with some of the more popular social media tools (e.g., Hootsuite) and pick up new things (like social media tools of varying levels of complexity) very quickly.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a message containing:
- The email subject line “Social Media Assistant Internship”
- Cover letter (detailing interests/experiences in some/all of the items listed above)
- Relevant personal and professional social media account handles/links
- Any relevant writing samples
Liquor.com’s offices are conveniently located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood on Howard St. & 9th St. (just two blocks south of Twitter HQ)
Editorial Interns (Paid)
Liquor.com is looking for a part-time editorial intern. The intern who is chosen will work with the editorial staff to help readers gain a better understanding of the cocktail and spirits world, as well as:
- Research and pitch news stories and source information and images as needed
- Produce and optimize social media on Facebook and Twitter channels
- Write weekly Extended Happy Hour newsletters for New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco
- Use WordPress to create new content pages
- Assist in editing cocktail recipes
- Chance to pitch and write feature articles
- Must be age 21+ to apply.
- Must be able to work for at least three days a week, both remotely and in midtown Manhattan
- Understand how to work efficiently, quickly and carefully in a fast-paced digital media environment
- Understand how social media functions—and why it matters in today’s media landscape
- Know and care about the world of spirits, cocktails and all the ways people drink, whether in a dive bar or the poshest speakeasy
Apply here: http://liqr.co/1FrKip9