David Wondrich is a prolific writer and cocktail historian who serves on Liquor.com’s Advisory Board. He’s written some of today’s most influential cocktail books and has earned a James Beard Award and four Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards.
In addition to writing for Liquor.com, Wondrich long worked as the drinks correspondent for Esquire and currently serves as the senior drinks columnist for The Daily Beast. His cocktail books, including "Imbibe!" and "Punch," have served as treasured tomes for bartenders and cocktail enthusiasts.
Wondrich is also a founding member of The Museum of the American Cocktail and a founding partner of Beverage Alcohol Resource (BAR), the nation’s premier training program in spirits and mixology.
Awards and Publications
- Author of "Imbibe!," "Punch," "Esquire Drinks" and "Killer Cocktails"
- 2012 Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Award for Best Cocktail & Spirits Writer
- 2011 Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Award for Best New Cocktail/Bartending Book
- 2009 Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Award for Best Cocktail & Spirits Writer
- 2008 Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Award for Best New Cocktail/Bartending Book
Wondrich has a doctorate in comparative literature from New York University.
Liquor.com is dedicated to good drinking and great living. We inspire, entertain and educate anyone—and everyone—interested in what happens in the glass and out of it.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.