|Distillery Location:||Livorno, Italy|
Galliano Essential Facts
- Galliano was introduced in 1896 by Arturo Vaccari in Livorno, Italy.
- It was named after Maggiore Galliano, a famous Italian war hero.
- Galliano is made from a special blend of 30 herbs, such as star anise, juniper, lavender, yarrow musk and vanilla, with a process of seven infusions and six distillations creating a deliciously complex, intense yet mellow taste at 43.2% ABV.
- Galliano’s golden yellow color commemorates the California Gold Rush.
- The iconic brand of 1970s retro culture in the US is famous for cocktails like the Harvey Wallbanger and Golden Cadillac.
- Harvey Wallbanger: Based on the story of Harvey, a Manhattan Beach surfer who ordered his favorite cocktail, then proceeded to bang his head against the wall out of frustration from his latest loss. From that day on, the cocktail he ordered was known as Harvey Wallbanger.
- Golden Cadillac: This cocktail was created by Frank Klein of Poor Reds in Eldorado, CA for a newlywed couple in 1952. Today Poor Reds Bar-B-Q holds the title of most Galliano sold a year in one bar. Golden Cadillac, a mix of Galliano, Bols Crème de Cacao, and cream, is served to everyone from bikers to housewives who visit each year.
How You Should Drink Galliano
- Straight as an after-dinner digestivo (as shown in Mad Men)
- With soda water