We use cookies to track your browsing behavior on our site and provide ads relevant to you. You can opt out by disabling cookies in your browser. To learn more, see our privacy policy.
OK
Liquor.com

Rum Saves Poisoned West Delhi Worker

Contributed by

Dilip Kumar, who works in a pharmaceutical manufacturing unit at West Delhi’s Moti Nagar in India, accidentally inhaled methanol while working in the factory. This caused partial loss of vision and other severe side effects. When basic medical aid failed, his employers rushed Kumar to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.

There, doctors administered 30ml of rum every six hours for two days to neutralize the toxicity caused by methanol, a deadly chemical. Simultaneously, dialysis was also conducted to save his kidney from further toxicity.

Advertisement


Who said alcohol is all bad?

Find out more at India Times.

Series & Type: News


Still Thirsty? Sign Up for the Liquor.com Newsletter

Get more stories, news, recipes and more delivered straight to your inbox.

From our Friends

Follow us on Instagram