If you had to pick the 50 best restaurants in your town, could you? Imagine having to put a list together of the 50 best restaurants in the world. Where you may have trouble with the ranking, a group of 1,000 global gourmands submit their entries, usually picking high-priced tasting menu spots with world-renowned chefs that make up the World’s 50 Best Restaurants list. This year’s ceremony took place in New York City on June 13, during which Modena, Italy’s Osteria Francescana moved up one spot to No. 1 for the first time, knocking Spain’s El Celler de Can Roca down to No. 2. New York City’s Eleven Madison Park landed at No. 3, and owners Daniel Humm and Will Guidara hosted an after-party for the winners.
Simon Ford and Jason Kosmas’ 86 Co., which makes four excellent spirits—Fords gin, Caña Brava rum, Aylesbury Duck vodka and Tequila Cabeza—provided the cocktails for the night. Guests, which included most of the top 20 (and even top 50) winners and other New York chefs like Eneko Atxa, Daniel Boulud, Dominique Crenn, Alain Ducasse, Yoshihiro Narisawa, Eric Ripert and Joan Roca tossed back the following seven drinks while The Roots’ Questlove took to the decks and spun for the night.
1. Hair Trigger: made with Caña Brava 7 Year rum, Fernet-Branca, Angostura bitters, ginger, lime juice, mint and cucumber
2. White Negroni: made with Fords gin, Suze and Dolin Vermouth de Chambéry
3. Spicy Paloma: made with jalapeño-infused Tequila Cabeza, grapefruit and lime juice, agave nectar and salt to rim
4. Nod to Nothing: made with Aylesbury Duck vodka, Cocchi Americano, apricot liqueur, jasmine pearl green tea, yuzu, lemon juice and sage
5. Winchester’s: made with Fords gin, elderflower liqueur, grapefruit and lime juice, ginger and house-made grenadine
6. Bottled Negroni: made with Fords gin, Campari and vermouth
7. Brave Soul: made with Caña Brava rum, aquavit, orgeat, mint and lime juice