This floral elixir from New York City’s award-winning Dante balances bitterness from the citrusy Aperol with flowery Lillet and passion fruit. A splash of tequila enhances the drink’s vegetal notes while upping its proof slightly, while mango vinegar and orange flower water contribute unexpected flavors.
This recipe originally appeared as part of “Why Aperitivo Hour Has Taken Over America.”
- 1 ounce Aperol
- 1/2 ounce blanco tequila
- 1/2 ounce Lillet blanc
- 1/2 ounce bianco vermouth (such as Martini & Rossi)
- 1/2 ounce passion fruit puree
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1 pinch Maldon salt
- 5 dashes mango vinegar
- 5 drops orange flower water
- Sparkling water, to top
- Garnish: 1/4 passion fruit
- Garnish: orange blossom spray
Add all ingredients except the sparkling water into a shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
Strain into a highball glass over fresh ice.
Top with the sparkling water.
Garnish with a quarter of a passion fruit.
Spritz with orange blossom spray.