*Smokin Liqueur INGREDIENTS:
- 10 oz Vodka
- 10 oz Peaty Islay single malt Scotch whisky, such as Laphroaig
- 4 Lapsang souchong teabags
- 2 tbsp Smoked paprika (also called pimentón)
- 1 tsp Smoked ground black pepper
- 12 oz Brown simple syrup (1 part brown sugar, 1 part water)
PREPARATION: Add all the ingredients except the brown simple syrup to a large jar or other container with a lid. Stir to moisten everything, seal and store in a cool, dark cabinet until the mixture smells and tastes strongly of smoke, 3 to 5 days. Strain through a fine mesh strainer (do not push on the solids to extract more liquid) and stir in the brown simple syrup. Cover, and store in a cool, dark cabinet. Use within 1 year.
This recipe is adapted from Homemade Liqueurs and Infused Spirits. Thirsty for more? Read our article on home DIY liqueur tips.