Liquor.com is the world’s leading digital content brand for mixology, spirits and cocktail culture. A job at Liquor.com is fast-paced but fun—probably exactly how you imagine it might be. See below for all currently open positions. For general inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Senior Account Executive, Digital Advertising Sales
Liquor.com is looking for a senior digital advertising account executive with a proven track record of acquiring new business and building/maintaining client relationships. This individual contributor will be responsible for closing new business with clients and agencies, with a focus on the beverage alcohol industry (spirits, wine, beer) and other premium consumer and lifestyle categories (travel, luxury, financial services, entertainment). The ideal candidate will have a passion for digital media and the drinks and lifestyle verticals.
This position is based in NYC and reports directly to the CRO.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Growing and maintaining revenue for Liquor.com across web, mobile, social, video and events
- Identifying and developing relationships with key accounts and prospects
- Understanding customer needs and developing effective pitches and campaigns, which exceed expectations
- Collaborating with internal teams to develop, execute, launch and manage advertising and marketing programs
- Minimum of 3 years of digital advertising sales experience
- Proven experience in prospecting new clients, generating sales leads and closing the sale
- Exceptional written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to execute sales and marketing programs
- Consistent track record of achievement in increasing / maximizing sales revenue across multiple offerings
- Ability to work independently, in a fast paced environment.
- Must be personable, outgoing, persuasive, and a team player
- In-depth knowledge of the beverage alcohol industry preferred. A strong interest in and a desire to learn about this industry, a must.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in New York, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Senior Account Executive, Digital Advertising Sales” Thank you.
Liquor.com—the world’s leading cocktails-and-spirits lifestyle publication—is looking for an exceptional “entrepreneur of tomorrow” who wants to develop their skills and experience in the social media space. This internship will focus on social content generation, social audience engagement and social audience growth hacking. Liquor.com currently sees over 22 million annual unique web visitors and has over 1.6 million registered subscribers. During your internship, you’ll help Liquor.com further grow these numbers significantly. In this position, you will work closely alongside Liquor.com’s Audience Development, Content and Product groups.
Primary Responsibilities, Skills & Interests:
1. Cocktails, Spirits, Writing
- You are over 21, enjoy a great drink and amazing food, and would love the opportunity to research and write interesting content on social media and the Liquor.com website about those subjects.
- You are a great writer who is careful about how you craft and convey messages online. In your internship, you will use these skills to entertain and engage Liquor.com’s social audience.
- You take pride in your writing and always proofread your work carefully.
2. Metrics, Analytics, Tools
- You crave stats and data. You always know exactly how many FB Friends you have and the number of new Twitter and Instagram Followers you earned last week. On website content pages, you can’t help but take note of how many social shares the article you’re reading has amassed.
- You love numbers—especially big ones.
- You’re interested in vastly expanding your depth of data-analysis knowledge and skills utilizing a hybrid of analytics tools and spreadsheets to research and report on the metrics of all of Liquor.com’s social efforts.
- You’re at least vaguely familiar with some of the more popular social media tools (e.g., Hootsuite) and pick up new things (like social media tools of varying levels of complexity) very quickly.
- Your curiosity about the “formula” that explains how and why content goes “viral” keeps you up at night.
- When it comes to planning and saving links for later, Pinterest is your best friend.
- You Follow—and are Followed by—a large number of people. (In fact, your Followers might even deem you a “Pinfluencer.”)
- You understand how the various aspects of Pinterest work (e.g., boards, shared boards, repins, etc.), as well as what kinds of content tend to get lots of repins and clicks.
- You’re interested in helping Liquor.com figure out how to “growth hack” Pinterest in order to vastly and rapidly increase its number of Followers and volume of referral traffic back to our website from that channel.
- Some light graphic design experience (Photoshop, Elements, Canva, etc.) for creating custom pin images a major plus.
- You use Snapchat daily and know how to keep your followers watching.
- You stay up to date in the Snapchat world and keep track of the newest features and posting tactics.
- You’re very interested in attracting and growing a large audience of followers on Snapchat.
- You enjoy coming up with new creative ways to interact with your followers.
- You are not just another one of Facebook’s ~166,000,000,000 users . . . you are an FB “power user” who utilizes your massive network of FB Friends and Page Likes to discover, share and consume the web’s most interesting content.
- You actively follow and engage with many FB Pages. (Maybe you’ve even been a part of operating one in the past.)
- You’re interested in helping conduct deep analyses of new posts on Liquor.com’s Facebook Page in order to identify high-engagement content topics and creative patterns (e.g., headline structures, photo formats, etc.) that result in above-average social engagements and clicks back to Liquor.com.
- You’re interested in learning about and helping to operate Liquor.com’s various artificial-intelligence posting tools that help the company identify the best content and times-of-day to post on various social channels for high post engagement and click rates back to Liquor.com.
6. Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Medium
- You’re a social media maven who explores and uses a number of various other social media channels than the ones listed above.
- You’d be excited and delighted to help the Liquor.com team further explore these channels for incremental branding and referral traffic opportunities.
- You follow other brand pages on these social platforms and can easily name which ones you think are successful in using these social channels.
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, intern in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include all relevant personal and professional social media account handles/links. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Social Media Assistant Internship”. Thank you.
Assistant Events Project Coordinator, Trade Marketing (Part Time)
Liquor.com is looking for a project coordinator/planner to play a supporting role in event planning and coordination. This individual contributor will be responsible for creating systems to organize, track and manage event execution end to end. This person will also support in the acquisition and management of vendors and will assist in coordination and execution of all additional elements needed for event inclusion. This position reports directly to the Director of Trade Marketing. Required Skills/Experience:
- Bachelors Degree required
- 1-3+ years of project management and/or event planning experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- General understanding of the digital advertising and marketing
- Familiarity with Social Media marketing and its relevance within events
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced operation on the events side of our business
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and end goals
- Strong interest in events and/or spirits industry a must
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and end goals
- Experience using project management tools (e.g. Basecamp) is a plus
- Contacts and existing relationships with vendors and venues is a plus
- Ability to develop brand marketing materials for inclusion in events is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, part time (20 hours per week) employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Assistant Events Project Coordinator, Trade Marketing” Thank you.
Full-Stack Software Engineer
Liquor.com is searching for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to add to our small team. You’ll do a little of everything: rapidly prototyping new features across the front and back end, building microsites for big globally-known brands, kicking around ideas with our design team, sales, and marketing, you name it!
- Solid SQL knowledge and experience with MySQL
- Ability to secure and administer a Web server using Apache or Nginx on a Linux platform
- Strong experience with WordPress
- Passion for new and developing technologies
- An eye for server security
- iOS and or Android Development
- Understanding APIs
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Full-Stack Software Engineer” Thank you.
Editorial Interns (Paid)
Liquor.com is looking for a part-time editorial intern. The intern who is chosen will work with the editorial staff to help readers gain a better understanding of the cocktail and spirits world, as well as:
- Research and pitch news stories and source information and images as needed
- Produce and optimize social media on Facebook and Twitter channels
- Write weekly Extended Happy Hour newsletters for New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco
- Use WordPress to create new content pages
- Assist in editing cocktail recipes
- Chance to pitch and write feature articles
- Must be age 21+ to apply.
- Must be able to work for at least three days a week, both remotely and in midtown Manhattan
- Understand how to work efficiently, quickly and carefully in a fast-paced digital media environment
- Understand how social media functions—and why it matters in today’s media landscape
- Know and care about the world of spirits, cocktails and all the ways people drink, whether in a dive bar or the poshest speakeasy
Apply here: http://liqr.co/1FrKip9