Liquor.com is the world’s leading digital content brand for mixology, spirits and cocktail culture. A job at Liquor.com is fast-paced but fun—probably exactly how you imagine it might be. See below for all currently open positions. For general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-Stack Software Engineer
Liquor.com is searching for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to add to our small team. You’ll do a little of everything: rapidly prototyping new features across the front and back end, building microsites for big globally-known brands, kicking around ideas with our design team, sales, and marketing, you name it!
- Solid SQL knowledge and experience with MySQL
- Ability to secure and administer a Web server using Apache or Nginx on a Linux platform
- Strong experience with WordPress
- Passion for new and developing technologies
- An eye for server security
- iOS and or Android Development
- Understanding APIs
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Full-Stack Software Engineer” Thank you.
Business Development Associate
The business development associate, a member of Liquor.com’s sales team, is responsible for assisting in the overarching success of Liquor.com. The business development associate is responsible for proactively generating leads for the sales team over the phone/email in an effort to gain new opportunities and arrange appointments for the Sales Executives to close new digital media partnerships. The business development associate will communicate with customers via phone and email, with a heavy emphasis on outbound calling.
This position is in San Francisco, at the Liquor.com’s headquarters and reports to the Director of Sales + Partnerships.
- Meet and exceed goals through new client lead generation
- Proficiency working over the phone in an inside sales and/or support role with proven effective cold and warm calling skills
- Meet and exceed all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including outbound calls per day quota
- Create new client relationships to garner new business
- Effectively grow pipeline through new client leads
- Ability to communicate with customers and prospects in a consistently positive and engaging manner
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned; responsibilities may change and grow over time
- Growth opportunity into Junior Digital Media Account Executive position
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a strong sales pipeline
- Ability to identify, target prospective decision makers through outbound tele-sales (cold calling)
- Demonstrated expertise in initiating and managing successful client relationships
- Strong communication skills, negotiating abilities and excellent phone etiquette
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and is internet savvy
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency; motivated by success
- Capable of meeting short-deadline goals on a daily basis and adapting to rapidly changing needs
- Experience and adaptability with a fast changing, complex, dynamic and entrepreneurial working atmosphere
- Strong professional presentation, verbal and written skills; communicating with leadership, management as well as internal and external customers
- Strong computer skills; highly proficient with MS Office and CRM database software
- BA/BS required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience – inside sales and or/coordinator level at a publisher, advertising agency, or brand preferred
- Experience with CRM software such as Salesforce.com
- Strategic sales acumen
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Business Development Associate” Thank you.
Liquor.com is looking to add a Social Media Assistant to our Audience Development team in San Francisco. The Social Media Assistant’s main objective is to help develop, execute and analytically measure social media initiatives that drive social follower growth, social post engagement and referral traffic back to the Liquor.com website. This role will primarily focus on [aspect of department]. The ideal candidate has at least [number of years] plus years of experience working with clients in the Internet/media space and excellent written, oral communication and organizational skills. Ability to project manage, multitask and work well with clients and team members is an absolute must to be successful in this position.
Primary Responsibilities, Skills & Interests:
1. Cocktails, Spirits, Writing
- You are over 21, enjoy a great drink and amazing food, and would love the opportunity to research and write interesting content on social media about those subjects.
- You are a great writer who is careful about how you craft and convey messages online. In your internship, you will use these skills to entertain and engage Liquor.com’s social audience.
- You always proofread your work carefully.
2. Metrics, Analytics, Tools
- You crave stats and data. You always know exactly how many FB Friends you have and the number of new Twitter and Instagram Followers you earned last week.
On website content pages, you can’t help but take note of how many social shares the article you’re reading has amassed.
- You love numbers—especially big ones.
- You’re interested in vastly expanding your depth of data-analysis knowledge and skills utilizing a hybrid of analytics tools and spreadsheets to research and report on the metrics of all of Liquor.com’s social efforts.
- You’re at least vaguely familiar with some of the more popular social media tools (e.g., Hootsuite) and pick up new things (like social media tools of varying levels of complexity) very quickly.
- Your curiosity about the “formula” that explains how and why content goes “viral” keeps you up at night.
- You are a self-described Twitter addict who uses the network to keep up on the latest news and trends.
- You take advantage of Twitter as a means of communicating with interesting people, influencers, brands and celebrities (many of whom you’ve never actually met in the offline world).
- You Follow—and are Followed by—a large number of people.
- You are interested in helping Liquor.com figure out how to “growth hack” Twitter in order to vastly and rapidly increase its number of Followers and volume of referral traffic back to our website from that channel.
- You are not just another one of Facebook’s ~160,000,000,000 users . . . you are an FB “power user” who utilizes your massive network of FB Friends and Page Likes to discover, share and consume the web’s most interesting content.
- You actively follow and engage with many FB Pages. (Maybe you’ve even been a part of operating one in the past.)
- You’re interested in helping conduct deep analyses of new posts on Liquor.com’s Facebook Page in order to identify high-engagement content topics and creative patterns (e.g., headline structures, photo formats, etc.) that result in above-average social engagements and clicks back to Liquor.com.
- You’re interested in learning about and helping to operate Liquor.com’s various artificial-intelligence posting tools that help the company identify the best content and times-of-day to post on various social channels for high post engagement and click rates back to Liquor.com.
- When it comes to planning and saving links for later, Pinterest is your best friend.
- You Follow—and are Followed by—a large number of people; in fact, your Followers might even deem you a “Pinfluencer.”
- You belong to at least one “shared board.”
- You’re interested in helping Liquor.com figure out how to “growth hack” Pinterest in order to vastly and rapidly increase its number of Followers and volume of referral traffic back to our website from that channel.
6. Instagram, Quora, Snapchat, Reddit, YouTube
- You’re a social media maven who explores and uses a number of various other social media channels than the ones listed above.
- You’d be excited and delighted to help the Liquor.com team further explore these channels for incremental branding and referral traffic opportunities.
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, intern in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include all relevant personal and professional social media account handles/links. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Social Media Assistant Internship” Thank you.
Assistant Events Project Coordinator, Trade Marketing (Part Time)
Liquor.com is looking for a project coordinator/planner to play a supporting role in event planning and coordination. This individual contributor will be responsible for creating systems to organize, track and manage event execution end to end. This person will also support in the acquisition and management of vendors and will assist in coordination and execution of all additional elements needed for event inclusion. This position reports directly to the Director of Trade Marketing. Required Skills/Experience:
- Bachelors Degree required
- 1-3+ years of project management and/or event planning experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- General understanding of the digital advertising and marketing
- Familiarity with Social Media marketing and its relevance within events
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced operation on the events side of our business
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and end goals
- Strong interest in events and/or spirits industry a must
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and end goals
- Experience using project management tools (e.g. Basecamp) is a plus
- Contacts and existing relationships with vendors and venues is a plus
- Ability to develop brand marketing materials for inclusion in events is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, part time (20 hours per week) employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Assistant Events Project Coordinator, Trade Marketing” Thank you.
Editorial Interns (Paid)
Liquor.com is looking for a part-time editorial intern. The intern who is chosen will work with the editorial staff to help readers gain a better understanding of the cocktail and spirits world, as well as:
- Research and pitch news stories and source information and images as needed
- Produce and optimize social media on Facebook and Twitter channels
- Write weekly Extended Happy Hour newsletters for New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco
- Use WordPress to create new content pages
- Assist in editing cocktail recipes
- Chance to pitch and write feature articles
- Must be age 21+ to apply.
- Must be able to work for at least three days a week, both remotely and in midtown Manhattan
- Understand how to work efficiently, quickly and carefully in a fast-paced digital media environment
- Understand how social media functions—and why it matters in today’s media landscape
- Know and care about the world of spirits, cocktails and all the ways people drink, whether in a dive bar or the poshest speakeasy
Apply here: http://liqr.co/1FrKip9